Casual Zine: Issue 006, Summer
By Erin Alderson
About Casual from its creator, Erin Alderson:
There's a deep joy I get when I'm able to bring people together around a table of delightful vegetarian fare. The fare that puts vegetables front and center for every meal (whether that's a simple breakfast or a multi-course meal).
This zine (and site) is my way of inviting you to my table through recipes/meals I'd make for friends, family, or really anyone who loves vegetables. It's vegetarian food meant to be shared, inspired by my time living in Northern California.
The zine contains sets of recipes, ideally cooked together as a meal (but not required). As well as a few larder recipes, a cookbook spotlight, product highlight, and a pickle club (because my table always has something pickled).
Recipes in this issue include:
- Marinated Grilled Peppers
- Zucchini + Olive Paella
- Sorghum Marinated Melon with Black Pepper Walnuts
- Blistered Green Beans with Miso-Red Pepper Puree
- Chile Brothy Beans
- Cucumbers with Tarragon-Buttermilk Dressing
- Fennel-Orange Marinated Feta
- Charred Summer Squash
- Potato Poblano Galette
- Peach + Tomato Salad with Burnt Honey Dressing
- Grilled Eggplant with Walnut-Herb Dressing
- Lacto-Fermented Green Beans
- Vegetarian BLT-ISH with Garlic Achaar Mayo
- Chile-Onion Chips
- Grilled Corn with Tomato-Fenugreek Butter
Tags: $25 or less, entertaining, Magazines, vegetables, vegetarian