How to Distill : A Complete Guide from Still Design and Fermentation Through Distilling and Aging Spi
By Aaron Hyde
2021 • Harvard Common Press
How to Distill offers a comprehensive overview of the art and science of distilling, including the fundamentals of still design, the distillation process, and key recipes.
In How to Distill, you'll learn every aspect of home distilling, from the fundamentals to controlling flavor development to packaging.
Whether you want straightforward information for your first distillation or you’re a home distiller looking to learn more and perfect your craft, you’ve come to the right place. In this book, certified industry expert and knowledgeable home distiller Aaron Hyde lays out the how and why of all the key processes, starting at the mash and fermentation, through distilling, and ending with expert information on aging and blending spirits. You’ll find:
- An Overview of Distilling and the Process: The fundamentals of distillation, concise distillation theory, still design, distilled products, and ingredients are all covered.
- Pre-Distillation: Move on to learn about the fermentation process, making your own wash from sugar or cereal mashing grain.
- Distilling: The main event! A robust section on distilling covers modern distillation techniques, the distillation process, key decisions during distillation, process control, collection, and further distillation runs.
- Post-Distillation: Work your way through flavor development and control, polishing spirit, the aging process, quality considerations, blending, and packaging considerations.
- Recipes: Whether you're interested in making bourbon whiskey, scotch whisky, gin, rum, or vodka, you’ll find an easy-to-follow recipe.
With reliable, tested information throughout, this is the new standard for distilling.
Tags: alcohol, beverages, Books, brewing, Pre-Order, techniques, was-preorder