Menu No 1
By Brian Voll
The project is called Menus, and it’s a series of, well, menus! Each cookbooklet contains a set of recipes for a multi-course dinner that’s well-suited for a little dinner party. And with a plan to boot!
But more than a collection of really tasty recipes, the aim is to minimize waste by using ingredients that might otherwise be scrapped: if lemon juice goes into one recipe then zest goes into another; egg white in one recipe means yolk in another. Homesteading meets haute cuisine, if you will. And we will!
Menu No 1 focuses on rabbit, winter squash, eggplant, anchovy, and almond.
- Butternut Squash on Toast
- Smothered Rabbit with Buttermilk and Cheddar Grits
- Romaine Salad with Roasted Eggplant Dressing
- Sauteed Cauliflower with Anchovies and Parsley
- Amaretti Morbidi and Sabayon
Tags: $25 or less, dinner, entertaining, food writing, Magazines