By Rhiannon Batten, Laura Rowe
2023 • Pavilion Books
Over 80 one-paragraph recipes for fuss-free flavor any day of the week.
This collection of micro recipes promises good food without fuss – using simple ingredients, store-cupboard staples, basic kitchen equipment and knowhow these are light-work dishes to make your soul (and stomach) shine. Multi-tasking recipes for solo post-work suppers, easy date-night dining, meals with mates and spur-of-the-moment family gatherings.
- Rise and Shine: Best breakfast and brunch dishes, eg a simple, locally-inspired twist on shakshuka that anyone can rustle up.
- On the Hop: Lunch should never be overlooked, whether you're using leftovers or cooking from scratch. From nourishing soups to no-cook mezze, these recipes fit the lunchtime bill perfectly.
- Around the Table: Shared meals around the kitchen table with family and friends. More laid-back assemblies than dinner parties, the dishes are comforting, life-affirming meals that need no special equipment or expert knowledge.
- Always Salad: Our favorite salads, from quick-pickles to add crunch and zing to a summery smooshed tomato salad and a warm coconut salad that's ideal for rebooting the senses.
- The Golden Hour: Whether it's the warm summer sunshine or a cozy autumnal evening, here are 3-ingredient cocktails and some moreish snacks to excite and inspire.
- Something Sweet: Simple desserts, sweet treats, #onebitepuddings and easy #weekdaybakes including plenty of gluten-free and nourishing low-sugar option.
Recipes so easy they’ve been memorized, like tiny culinary poems, by their passers-on. Recipes, in other words, you’ll want to eat on repeat.
Tags: $25 or less, easy, pantry, Pre-Order, simple, weeknight