The Beginner's Guide to Cookie Decorating
By Mary Valentino
2022 • Quarry Books
In this comprehensive guide, Mary Valentino of Emma’s Sweets, a winner of the Food Network’s “Christmas Cookie Challenge,” reveals her latest and greatest easy techniques and designs that are perfect for beginner hobbyists. Everything is included to help you advance your cookie-decorating skills, including information on basic supplies and upgrades, choosing and using color, tasty cookie and icing recipes, and an array of cookie designs: vivid flowers, adorable animals, cute clothing, seasonal motifs, and much more.
She also shares the most up-to-date simple techniques for creating wow effects, including easy hand painting, embellishing, piping, color blocking, sparkly effects, and using molds.
Watch your budding embellishment skills blossom with these ideas and inspiration:
- Professional-looking cookie designs for every season and occasion
- How to mix colors and create appealing palettes
- Techniques and troubleshooting tips for getting the perfect icing consistency every time
- No-fail, delicious cookie and icing recipes
- How to get the most out of cookie cutters
- How to achieve dimensional and texture effects that make cookies pop
Tags: $25 or less, Books, cookie decorating, cookies, decorating, was-preorder