At My Italian Table
By Laura Vitale, Rachel Holtzman
2024 • Clarkson Potter
In Laura Vitale’s first cookbook she shared recipes from her popular YouTube cooking channel. Now, in At My Italian Table, she turns her focus to Italy, where she was born and lived until she was a young woman, and where her Nonna’s cooking made a lasting imprint. When she was homesick as a teenager Laura found that chatting with Nonna on the phone and then recreating her signature dishes, like Creamy Polenta with Frizzled Mushrooms or Fagiola a Zuppa over Bread, helped her find comfort in her new home. Today she makes dishes like Spaghetti Aglio e Olio di Nonna, Cacio e Pepe Arancini, and Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with Herby Lemon Salsa for her daughter and husband as well as for her fans.
In At My Italian Table, Laura shares weekday go-tos and comforting, transportive Sunday suppers, plus loads of tips on how to cook like an Italian grandma. As a working mom, she of course speaks to efficiency and ease as well. Chapters include:
• Before Dinner Snacking (Because We Don’t Believe in Formal Canapes Around Here): Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms and Whipped Ricotta with Honey and Herbs
• Quick and Easy Mains for when Time and Patience are Short but Dinner is a Priority: Pork Chops and Fried Peppers and Rigatoni with Sausage and Mushrooms
• An Italian Sunday (or Days Where You Want to Shimmy into Nonna Mode): Ham and Fontina Lasagna and Risotto Alla Pescatore
• Seriously Good Vegetable Sides and Salads (That I Often Eat as Dinner with Some Crusty Bread): Roasted Cauliflower with Green Olives and Creamy Polenta with Frizzled Mushrooms
• Sweet Ending (Because as Nonna would Say, “No Self-respecting Italian Would Dare Ending a Meal Without Something Sweet”): Sorbetto al Limone and Olive Oil Apple Snack Cake
Laura’s deep love of Italian cuisine shines strong through this collection of delightfully homey and highly appealing recipes.
Tags: Books, comfort food, italian, Italy, Pre-Order, YouTube