By Greg Bailey, Alice Wood, foreword by Raja Gemini, illustrated by Ruth Moosbrugger
2023 • White Lion Publishing
Just when you thought your favorite cocktail couldn’t be more camp, Dragtails presents 50 delicious cocktail recipes inspired by drag superstars, past and present.
Each Dragtail is brought to life with an inventive illustration that echoes the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent of the particular queen that inspired it. Along with ingredients and methods, an ode to the artist explains the inspiration for the drink.
You’ll die for a:
- Baltimore Mud Pie – a thick, velvety, naughty creation dripping with chocolate sauce inspired by the filthiest woman ever, Divine
- Sponge Queen – a yellow and green layered cocktail inspired by one of Monet X Change’s most memorable looks, the sponge dress
- PB and Slay – a candy-sweet concoction inspired by the Willy Wonka for a whole generation of drag queens, RuPaul
- Drunk in Love – a divalicious drink inspired by Cara Melle that is sweet, salty and sticky if you’re nasty!
- Absolutely Alien – a fabulous twist on a classic Gin and Lemonade that is as blue and pink as Juno Birch
Plus many more cocktails inspired by legendary queens such as: Danny La Rue, Delta Work, Hungry, Joe Black, and Lawrence Chaney!
Fierce, fabulous, and packed with original cocktail recipes, Dragtails is the perfect book for your Drag Race viewing party.
Tags: $25 or less, alcohol, beverages, Books, cocktails, entertaining, LBGTQ+, lgbtq, was-preorder