Fresh Pasta at Home
By America's Test Kitchen
2022 • America's Test Kitchen
Whether you use a hand-crank machine, electric machine, extruder, or rolling pin and elbow grease, you can make incredible pasta from scratch using ATK's rigorously tested techniques. Then choose one of the delectable recipes to show off your impressive-every-time pasta to perfection.
- More than a dozen doughs: Pasta doughs made with eggs, semolina, whole grains, vegetables, and even gluten-free flours are proportioned for perfect results whether you're using a machine or not.
- Strand pasta: Spaghetti al Limone; Tagliatelle with Artichokes and Parmesan; Bucatini al Fuoco
- Hand-shaped pasta: Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage; Fileja with ’Nduja Tomato Sauce; Gnocchi with Fontina Sauce
- Stuffed pasta: Short Rib Agnolotti with Hazelnuts and Browned Butter; Butternut Squash–Filled Cappellacci; Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Cream Sauce
- Baked pasta: Lasagna Verde alla Bolognese; Wild Mushroom Lasagna; Three-Cheese Manicotti with Meat Sauce
- Mix-and-match sauces: Pair your favorite shapes with any of these, including quick tomato sauces, even quicker olive oil sauces, long-simmered meaty sauces, and pestos.
Tags: america's test kitchen, Books, ingredients, italian, pasta, techniques, was-preorder