How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook Collection
By America's Test Kitchen
2020 • America's Test Kitchen
The ultimate cookbook for anyone eating gluten free
Combines two landmark cookbooks—New York Times bestselling The How Can It Be Gluten-Free Cookbook and The How Can It Be Gluten-Free Cookbook: Volume 2—into one must-have resource.
Here are 350+ must-have recipes that raised the bar on gluten-free cooking and baking with foolproof techniques for great-tasting lasagna, fried chicken, cookies, biscuits, and more. PLUS find a new generation of whole-grain recipes perfected using ATK’s revolutionary Whole-Grain Gluten-Free Flour Blend, bringing “wheaty” flavor to baked goods from Sandwich Bread to Cherry Crisp and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
We also offer 75 dairy-free variations and include an expanded troubleshooting chart for what can go wrong in gluten-free baking, over 600 full-color photos, a chapter on Grains, and detailed nutritionals for every recipe. We also give you information on the best supermarket gluten-free breads and pasta, including all-new information on legume pastas.
Standout Recipes from the First Best-Seller Include:
• Old-Fashioned Birthday Cake: A little melted white chocolate makes the cake tender and moist.
• Extra-Crunchy Fried Chicken: Our kitchen developed a coating so crisp you can hear the crunch
• Flaky, Tender Pie Crust: A spoonful of vinegar helps GF flours create just the right structure.
• Real Sandwich Bread: Forget squat slices; psyllium, eggs, and a foil collar are the keys to real bread.
• New York-Style Pizza: Ground almonds give the crust just the right chew and promote browning.
Plus from Volume 2:
• More than 150 recipes from muffins to casseroles to yeast breads to desserts
• Exciting recipes such as chicken Parmesan, baguettes, yeasted doughnuts, scones, sprouted grain bread, flourless nut and seed bread, and lemon layer cake
• Many dairy-free variations of baked goods using alternate diary products
• Baking recipes using the ATK All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend (equivalent to all-purpose flour) in cookies, bars, muffins, scones, cakes, and breads
• Nutritional information for every recipe
Tags: america's test kitchen, Books, free-from, gluten-free