Mushroom Hunting for Beginners
By Gary Lincoff
2023 • New Shoe Press
Mushroom Hunting for Beginners is an affordable, adapted edition of Gary Lincoff’s best-selling The Complete Mushroom Hunter, offering accessible instruction on how to find, identify, and enjoy mushrooms.
Mushroom hunting is great in so many ways: it gets you outside, teaches you about science and the environment, connects you with like-minded friends, and allows you to enjoy mushrooms’ wide variety of uses in food, medicine, and beauty. Mushroom Hunting for Beginners offers the essential information you need to get started with this rewarding hobby.
This valuable reference includes:
- Practical information on getting equipped for mushroom forays
- An illustrated guide to the most common wild edible mushrooms and their poisonous look-alikes
- An illustrated guide to medicinal mushrooms
- Where to forage
- Mushroom identification skills
- How to use your harvest, including a selection of mushroom-infused recipes for tasty food and medicinal and beauty products
If you are new to mushroom foraging, this book is the perfect place to start. If you are more experienced, this is a great go-to reference to refresh your knowledge and skill set each season. So grab this guide, your gear, and get hunting.
Tags: $25 or less, beginner, Books, environmental science, foraging, hunting, medicinal, mushrooms, was-preorder