By Abra Berens
2023 • Chronicle Books
First vegetables, then grains, and now, fruit. This is the beautiful follow-up to Abra Berens's Ruffage and Grist, with more than 215 recipes and variations for using fruit in sweet and savory recipes to highlight seasonality and flavor.
Pulp is a hardworking book of recipes that focuses on all the ways fruit can enhance simple, delicious mains—for example, by elevating roasted vegetables, garnishing soup, or adding perfume to a roasted pork or brisket. Unlike Ruffage and Grist, Pulp is about regularly incorporating fruit to add variety and seasonality to main dishes.
Home cooks and bakers alike will rejoice in the alternately sweet and savory recipes such as Roast Chicken over Blueberries, Cornbread + Lemon; Melon, Cucumber + Chickpea Salad; and Rum-Plum Clafoutis. The book also features helpful reference material, a Baker's Toolkit, and more than 100 atmospheric photos, delivered with the can-do attitude and accessibility of the Midwestern United States. This next generous offering from beloved, trusted author Abra Berens is a necessary addition to any kitchen shelf alongside its predecessors and other mainstays like Plenty, Six Seasons, and Small Victories.
- Recreational cooks of all skill levels, from beginners looking to master a few dependable techniques to seasoned cooks who want recipes and strategies for easy weeknight meals with more healthy ingredients
- Plus for bakers: One third of Pulp's content is baking recipes!
- Anyone looking for creative fruit recipes or new inspiration for whole-food cooking
- Fans of Abra Berens and her previous cookbooks
- Gift selection for cookbook collectors and fans of Alice Waters, Yotam Ottolenghi, Molly Yeh, and Joshua McFadden who are looking for the next great healthy eating cookbook
- The next must-have reference cookbook for lovers of Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat
Tags: Books, fruit, Pre-Order, vegetables