Slavic Kitchen Alchemy
By Zuza Zak
2023 • Watkins Publishing
Steeped in ancient wisdom, magic and folktales, this illustrated scrapbook of Slavic lore offers natural remedies, beauty and cleaning products, healing recipes and wellbeing rituals that will appeal to modern witches and natural healing fans.
This book is infused with the Slavic wisdom and folk healing passed on to Zuza Zak by her two Polish grandmothers. It's a beautifully illustrated treasure trove of the old ways of Eastern Europe, full of little rituals and remedies to make your life gentler, sweeter and more joyful, and it's a precious object in its own right – your own notebook of practical wisdom. Season by season, the book gently guides you to a more natural Earth-focused rhythm, creating the right atmosphere for your body and mimd to thrive. Discover:
- Natural remedies for physical and mental wellbeing, such as Broad-leaved Plantain for Cuts and Grazes, and a Chamomile Bath for Relaxation and Optimism;
- Beauty products, such as an Oat Bundle Skin Cleanser for Gentle Exfoliation or a Lilac Body Oil for Improving Your Skin and Your Intuition;
- Rituals to honour the passing year, such as creating a Sage Cleaning Spray for Ritual Spring Cleaning or weaving Wildflower Wreaths for a Midsummer Celebration of Freedom;
- Nutritious recipes such as Elderflower Cake for Immunity and the Sheer Joy of it, or Wild Summer Pierogi for a Joyful Afternoon of Dumpling Making and Great All-round Health;
- Craft activities, such as painting eggs and dying clothes, to boost creativity, mindfulness and access to the flow state
- Folktales and mythology to connect to nature and ancient symbolism.
Tags: Books, eastern european, herbs, Pre-Order, seasonal