Summers Under the Tamarind Tree (new edition)
By Sumayya Usmani
2023 • White Lion Publishing
Winner 'Best First Book' - Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2016
Former lawyer-turned-food writer and cookery teacher Sumayya Usmani captures the rich and aromatic pleasure of Pakistani cooking through more than 100 recipes as she celebrates the heritage and traditions of her home country and looks back on a happy childhood spent in the kitchen with her grandmother and mother.
While remaining uniquely its own, Pakistani food is influenced by some of the world's greatest cuisines. With a rich coastline, it enjoys spiced seafood and amazing fish dishes; while its borders with Iran, Afghanistan, India and China ensure strong Arabic, Persian and varied Asian flavours.
Experience the wonderful flavours of Pakistan with:
- Aloo ki bhujia (spicy potatoes with nigella seeds and fenugreek)
- Hyderabadi-style samosas, filled with red onion, mint and green chilli
- Sweet potato and squash parathas
- Attock chapli kebab (mince beef flat kebab with pomegranate chutney)
- Cardamom and coconut mattha lassi, and many more sensational recipes.
Learn to cook some of the rich, varied and delicious Pakistani dishes with this beautiful showcase of the exotic yet achievable recipes of Pakistan.
Tags: AAPI & diaspora authors, asian, Books, pakistani, south asian, was-preorder