The Kitchen Commune
By Chay Wike
2024 • Flashpoint
Preparing a meal is an act of love for yourself and the ones you share it with. In this stunning cookbook, Chay Wike, author of the acclaimed home cooking and lifestyle blog The Kitchen Commune, offers a guide to reclaiming your health and nourishing your family and friends with easy, delicious, allergen-friendly recipes for all seasons.
With gorgeous photographs and brilliant swaps and tips, the recipes within are endlessly customizable and will inspire readers to:
- Learn how to enliven a simple dish with vibrant sauces like Chay’s House Chimichurri, Chipotle Aioli, and Creamy Thai Pesto.
- Start the morning with Fluffy Silver Dollar Pancakes; a Super Green Veg + Fruit Shake; or Beans, Greens + Broken Eggs.
- Enjoy bright and colorful salads and sides, from Chicory Chop Salad to Pan-Roasted Cauliflower with Caper-Currant Relish to grain-free, artisanal breads.
- Prepare show-stopping mains, including Whole Roasted Branzino; Chicken Thighs with Green Olives, Dates, Lemon + Butter Lettuce; and Eggplant Moussaka Bake with Fresh Almond Ricotta.
- Satisfy a sweet tooth with Caramel-Pear Galette, Shortbread Tea Biscuits, Dark Chocolate Cake with Sweet Potato Frosting, and much more.
Cooking without certain ingredients doesn’t have to be restrictive. Chay emphasizes nutrient-dense whole foods that everyone can enjoy, including updates on familiar classics, easy substitutions with ingredients already in your pantry, and flavorful sauces that will make you want to lick your plate clean. Throughout, The Kitchen Commune celebrates the art of eating together. After all, food should be joyful for everyone—and now it can be.
Tags: allergen friendly, Books, dairy-free, entertaining, family meals, free-from, general, gluten-free, healing, health, paleo, Pre-Order, vegan, vegetarian