The Salmon Sisters: Harvest & Heritage
By Emma Teal Laukitis, Claire Neaton
2023 • Sasquatch Books
Open up the rich pages of Harvest & Heritage and step into another world. A landscape dotted with berries, wildflowers, and moose, an ocean rich with salmon, seafood, and kelp. A place of resilience and cherished traditions. While the landscape is vast, the community is tight-knit. This is the world of the Salmon Sisters and they are inviting you to join them through a year of changing seasons and comforting rituals. And yes, deeply satisfying food.
The cookbook is organized by season. In each section, readers will find:
- Recipes ideal for the home cook
- Illustrated rituals and traditions
- Stories from Alaskan women on living and eating well
- A Solstice or Equinox menu to celebrate the seasonal harvest
- Expansive and intimate photography
The recipes and projects are delicious and satisfying. For example, forage spruce tips and make Spruce Tip Ice Cream. Jig for a halibut and then make Halibut Burgers with Wild Chimichurri.
Tags: american regional, Books, fish and seafood, was-preorder