Whisky Rising: The Second Edition
By Stefan Van Eycken
2023 • Cider Mill Press
This fully updated guide by whisky authority and Japanese whisky expert Stefan Van Eycken takes you on a tour of some of the most coveted whiskies in the world. Japanese whiskies have become some of the most highly valued whiskies, and have bested traditional producers in major international competitions. Blending proven Scotch and American methods with new ideas, these whiskies are imbued with exotic flavors from local Japanese woods to make a unique and signature product that rings true to Japanese terroir. This revised edition features new craft distilleries, putting a spotlight on their stories, their distillery set ups, and philosophies.
Inside you’ll find:
- Fascinating interviews and profiles with the most celebrated distillers and blenders, updated to include new competitors in the Japanese whisky world
- An insider’s guide to the best whisky bars
- How to drink whisky properly
- Delicious cocktail recipes
- Tasting notes and reviews of the best Japanese whiskies
Shedding light on Japan’s most famous blends, its unique whisky culture, and history, Eycken takes you to the heart of Japanese whisky making. Find out why, when it comes to whisky, all eyes are on Japan with Whisky Rising: The Second Edition.
Tags: alcohol, beverages, Books, food writing, japanese, Pre-Order, whisky